NJ Chiropractic Council on Neurology Mission
- To promote awareness of the specialty of Chiropractic Neurology within the profession, the health care community and the population at large.
- To promote excellence within the specialty of Chiropractic Neurology.
- To support and encourage membership and participation in the local, state and national chiropractic organizations for the purpose of legislative change and support of the chiropractic profession at large.
- To be a gathering place for those who wish to pursue an understanding of the human neuraxis that is consistent with contemporary neuroscience, as a depository of information, a forum for debate and a vehicle through which further clinical study can be pursued.
NJ Chiropractic Council on Neurology Profile
The New Jersey Chiropractic Council on Neurology is a professional organization of licensed board certified and those board eligible licensed doctors of chiropractic medicine, who have graduated from a postdoctoral program in neurology approved and recognized by the American Chiropractic Association Council on Neurology and the American Chiropractic Neurology Board. Members of the society practice as specialists in Chiropractic Neurology. The council serves as the premiere state organization on chiropractic neurology. Membership may also be granted to those licensed doctors, who have attained at minimum 45 hours of American Chiropractic Neurology Board approved post doctoral study in neurology.
The purpose and goal of the New Jersey Chiropractic Council on Neurology is to provide awareness of the specialty of chiropractic neurology within the chiropractic profession, the health care community and the population at large. It is also equally the purpose of this society to promote excellence with the specialty of chiropractic neurology.
We support and encourage membership and participation in the state and national chiropractic organizations, (New Jersey Chiropractic Society & American Chiropractic Association), for the purpose of legislative change and support of the chiropractic profession at large.
NJ Chiropractic Council on Neurology Doctors
All of our doctors are either board eligible or board certified chiropractic neurologists. What this means is that following becoming a chiropractic physician, a diplomate/residency program consisting of postdoctoral neurology must be completed, typically over the course of three years. Following completion, doctors are board eligible, and following successful completion of the board examination, (NOCA approved), become board certified chiropractic neurologists.
Our doctors, although all similarly trained, tend to branch off into various specialties of neurology. Subspecialties often include Balance Centers, such as in the management of vertigo and dizziness, disequilibrium and imbalance, and fall risk assessment and fall prevention, dystonia, tremors and movement disorders, behavioral disorders including attention deficit Disorder, ADD, ADHD, Autism, Tourette’s Syndrome, head traumas from accident injuries, (traumatic brain injury; TBI and mild traumatic brain injury; MTBI), and resultant changes in personality or motor, sensory or cognitive impairments, etc.
NJ Chiropractic Council on Neurology Membership Application
Application for membership should be sent to Dr. Kevin Parks at the information listed below.
Criterion for membership:
1. Each member must show evidence of good standing in the American Chiropractic Association, and the New Jersey Chiropractic Society.
2. Evidence of 30 hours of continuing education in neurology of postdoctoral level accredited education per calendar year, and an additional 30 hours of independent self study as per NOCA certification, to be submitted to the Chapter secretary is required for annual renewal.